01 Vacancy Based on Dhaka, Bangladesh
VSO offers a rewarding working environment, career path and competitive remuneration package.
Fixed Term, The job duration is until December 2019 with the possibility of extension.
Full Time, 35 hours per week
VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
Responsible for recruitment and on-boarding of all staff, consultants and volunteers for the country office
Skills, qualifications and experience required
• Support Recruitment Specialist in supporting programme and hiring managers in updating jobs in VSO’s recruitment system.
• Support Recruitment Specialist for capacity building of the Country Office on good practice on recruitment and in line with VSO global policy.
• Support Recruitment Specialist to manage screening & long-listing of applicants for all volunteers including International Volunteer, National Volunteers, NCS and ICS In-Country Volunteers.
• Responsible for the relationship management of the candidate at country office level and manage candidate communication in accordance with VSO policy and procedures.
• Responsible for coordination and facilitating different types of selection test followed by interviews with Country Office panels and assist Recruitment Specialist the preparation of job-specific interview guides in collaboration with the Hiring manager.
• Support Recruitment Specialist to monitor country office recruitment plans for each program and responsible to maintain status reports through an online system.
• Provide the Recruitment Specialist with an accurate monthly update.
• Support Recruitment Specialist to in-country workforce planning activities.
• Support Recruitment Specialist in collecting country-specific data.
• Support Recruitment Specialist to comply with workforce planning principles and delivery timelines in-country office.
• Support Recruitment Specialist by providing expertise on local labor market analysis, make contact with potential sources of skills and build resourcing partnerships.
• Support Recruitment Specialist in designing effective resourcing plans for projects and proposals wherever required.
• Support Recruitment Specialist in track supply pipelines for country programs to address supply related concerns
• Ensure all onboarding activities (e.g. Reference checks, medical clearance, local govt. character certificate etc.) are completed within a reasonable time from offer to start date for all employees and volunteers.
• Ensure volunteers and employees are fully supported and have received comprehensive information and regular communication updates throughout the onboarding process.
• Support Recruitment Specialist for the onboarding record that must be completed and cleared on VSO Recruit prior to any volunteer or employee starting their role.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
• Graduation in any discipline from any reputed UGC approved university but major in HRM will get preference.
• Demonstrable experience of managing an end to end recruitment process across a country/region, managing and filling vacancies appropriately.
• Experience of working with recruitment systems and ability to produce progress reports on a regular basis.
• Experience in working with different stakeholders, able to build strong working relationships, gaining trust and mutual respect; being flexible, responding to perspectives and being assertive when appropriate.
• Experience of working with external recruitment suppliers and other people external to the organization.
• Experience of cross-cultural working and an understanding of issues of diversity.
• Impeccable verbal, written, reading and listening proficiency in English.
• Customer focus mindset, understanding, and experience of the importance of listening to, understanding and meeting the needs of customers.
• Knowledge and experience on Microsoft office system applications as well as Recruitment ERP and applicants tracking systems.
Attention to detail:
• Ensuring work is correct and able to quality check work of others.
• Experience of working with International Non-Governmental Organization.
• Commitment to VSO’s work and values
• Able to travel and stay outside of Dhaka on a monthly basis.
• Comfortable to use local transportation without risk-free if emergency needed.
The job duration is until December 2019 with the possibility of extension.
******************Women with required competency are highly encouraged to apply******************
Due to a high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
VSO promotes equal opportunities, values inclusion and seeks to have a diverse workforce.
We have zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people.
We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we protect children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy.
How to apply
Before going to apply please download the job description from the below-mentioned link and go through very carefully. Once you’re ready to apply, click on ‘make an application’ below to complete the online form.
Application closing date
14 Nov 2018
To be announced (TBA).
As soon as possible.
Click here to download the job description in PDF format