Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
VSO is the world's leading development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. We are unique in the way we bring people together to share their skills and experience, generate insights and ideas and, most of all, take action against poverty and exclusion. It's a highly effective approach that works, and today is helping millions of people in some of the world's poorest communities lift themselves out of poverty.
The ideal person for this role is a young Tanzanian leader who enjoys planning and organising; has an eye for detail and problem solving; as well as a back ground or interest in research. In this role, you will take a lead ensuring the work of different VSO research volunteers (remote and in country) are harmonised and coordinated. You will be a focal point for contact for the research volunteers and responsible to follow-up proactively on agreed actions and timelines with accountable people. You will have the opportunity to learn from experienced researcher volunteers both in conducting field work as well as analysing results. If you are passionate about making a positive change to for young people in Tanzania and leaving no social groups behind, you are the ideal candidate!
Skills, qualifications and experience required
• Minimum of bachelor degree in social science subjects or other relevant degree.
• Able to demonstrate strengths in planning and organising
• Effective time management; self-motivated, ability to use own initiative; flexibility; sound judgement and the confidence to take the lead as required
• Previous experience in research and/or M&E preferred; alternatively an interest in research and M&E
• Effective verbal and written communication skills; Ability to communicate with different stakeholders on different levels within organisations and from different cultural back grounds
• Creativity and innovation in solving problems and implementing new ideas; strengths in analytical skills and strategic thinking.
Allowance and accommodation
All volunteers have an allowance paid in local currency. The allowance meets reasonable living expenses in country, but will not be enough to send money home.
VSO works with some of the poorest communities in the world which means accommodation varies and will be basic.
How to apply
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description to read more details about the position and the skills and experience we’re looking for. To submit your application, click on ‘Apply now’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Application closing date
21 Feb 2018
18th of March 2018
Click here to download the job description in PDF format