VSO is the world's leading development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. We are unique in the way we bring people together to share their skills and experience, generate insights and ideas and, most of all, take action against poverty and exclusion. It's a highly effective approach that works, and today is helping millions of people in some of the world's poorest communities lift themselves out of poverty.
The Ideal person will train and advise Students and Teachers on various topics on Entrepreneurship, Support staff by building their capacity on delivering courses on Entrepreneurship, Provide practical entrepreneurial skills to the tutors and students, Also Will support the already established and Create new groups of entrepreneurship for building more capacity and mentorship.
Skills, qualifications and experience required
Bachelor’s degree in Business management or social science, Entrepreneurship, Economics or related is required
• Background on training, education or facilitation skills will be the most advantageous factor for this position.
• Communication – communicates at various levels depending on the audience and content of message, communicates the rights message, excellent in communication consistency between partners in the project
• Ability to inspire young people is highly recommended. Good inspirational speaking skills will be added advantage
• Analysis and creative problem-solving – proactive to deliver solutions to challenges, ability to identify the interest of the EEVT project and VETA. Ability to analyse and quickly grasp the fundamentals of a need. Able to find innovative ways of solving or pre-empting problems.
• Flexibility – ability to be proactive in changing environment of working, business management, entrepreneurship is desirable, experienced on people management and ability to work in a multinationals with flexibilities of cultural differences.
Allowance and accommodation
All volunteers have an allowance paid in local currency. The allowance meets reasonable living expenses in country, but will not be enough to send money home.
VSO works with some of the poorest communities in the world which means accommodation varies and will be basic.
How to apply
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description to read more details about the position and the skills and experience we’re looking for. To submit your application, click on ‘Apply now’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Application closing date
21 Feb 2018
19th March 2018
Click here to download the job description in PDF format