HR Business Partner
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Fixed Term, open
Full Time, 35 hours per week
VSO is the world's leading development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. We are unique in the way we bring people together to share their skills and experience, generate insights and ideas and, most of all, take action against poverty and exclusion. It's a highly effective approach that works, and today is helping millions of people in some of the world's poorest communities lift themselves out of poverty.
The Ideal candidate will be responsible for implementing human resource policies and procedures, providing guidance and support to employees and volunteers, Manage contract extension and conduct exit interviews for staff and volunteers, reviews and advice on all employee suspensions, demotions, and discharges to ensure compliance with labour laws, policies procedures, and acceptable management practices, coordinate team to ensure all Tanzania Learning Hub information is relevant and up to date, this might be your job!
Skills, qualifications and experience required
• Degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent
• Over 5 years demonstrable experience at a management level
• Knowledge and experience of local laws governing operations of INGOs, employment of staff and contracts
• High level communication, influencing and coaching skills
• Ability to develop and deliver learning and development initiatives
• Experience of working with different cultures and backgrounds
• People Management - substantial management level within a complex organization. Ability to lead, develop, motivate, coach and support a high performing team.
• Demonstrable commitment to delivering excellent customer service.
• Information Technology - Good level of computer skills (Windows, Excel, Power Point, Word, Internet).
• International Development - Understanding of the role of international development, more specifically volunteering in Country.
• Work Management and Problem Solving - self-organised with ability to manage time and tight schedules, working effectively under pressure
• Ability to work on own initiative, with a creative approach to problem solving.
• Strong level of attention to detail.
• Financial Management - Good financial management skills (including ability to understand and work with restricted and unrestricted funds concepts, and project funding issues); understanding of financial management policy and
• excellent budgeting skills
• Flexibility to adapt to new situations, with a positive attitude to working in an international organization. Able to travel occasionally and spend time away from base and home for up to 3 to 4 weeks per year
• Commitment to VSO’s values, particularly in developing an understanding of HIV&AIDS and Gender mainstreaming.
Experience working with international. Non-Government Organizations and with Government Officials.
Clean driving license.
Knowledge of Country employment laws.
Project management experience.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
How to apply
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description to read more details about the position and the skills and experience we’re looking for. To submit your application, click on ‘Apply now’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Application closing date
05 Dec 2017
to be communicated
10th of January 2018
Click here to download the job description in PDF format