VSO is the world's leading development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. We are unique in the way we bring people together to share their skills and experience, generate insights and ideas and, most of all, take action against poverty and exclusion. It's a highly effective approach that works, and today is helping millions of people in some of the world's poorest communities lift themselves out of poverty.
The Nutrition adviser will provide technical advice to the Regional Health Management Team (RHMT), Council Health Management Teams (CHMT’s) Nutrition Committees at the regional and district levels and health care workers on how improve individual behavior and household practices, promotion of collective actions in communities and creating enabling environment for good nutrition outcomes.
The volunteer will focus on developing sustainable nutrition interventions which involve social behavioral change and communication (SBCC) approach in health facilities and community in Kigoma region
Skills, qualifications and experience required
• A degree in Nutrition, Masters is added advantage.
• Experience of working in nutrition in developing countries.
• Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
• Teamwork, with the ability to work collaboratively in diverse groups.
• Ability to work in an institutional environment, hospital and health facility settings and in the community
• Experience and knowledge in Nutrion and general health.
• Proven coaching and mentoring skills
• Effective communications skills (report writing, verbally
Allowance and accommodation
All volunteers have an allowance paid in local currency. The allowance meets reasonable living expenses in country, but will not be enough to send money home.
VSO works with some of the poorest communities in the world which means accommodation varies and will be basic.
How to apply
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description to read more details about the position and the skills and experience we’re looking for. To submit your application, click on ‘Apply now’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Application closing date
28 Feb 2018
To be announced
2 April, 2018
Click here to download the job description in PDF format