Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Full Time, 35 hours per week
VSO is the world's leading development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. We are unique in the way we bring people together to share their skills and experience, generate insights and ideas and, most of all, take action against poverty and exclusion. It's a highly effective approach that works, and today is helping millions of people in some of the world's poorest communities lift themselves out of poverty.
For this Project Assistant role, we are looking for a person who has proven excellent in planning, time management and documentation. You have to be a star in managing and prioritising a varied workload and be able to meet deadlines in a timely fashion. Next to that, as you will communicate with people both within VSO as well as externally, you will need excellent communication skills and be confident and fluent in English.
Your main responsibilities will be to keep hold of all different kinds of documentation, ranging from assisting in preparing monthly project budgets, receiving accountabilities, processing expenditure claims and mandated cost reports. Next to this, you will also ensure logistical requirements of project officers are in place and send regularly updates to both project officers and partners related to administrative issues of the project. Thirdly, you will be responsible for maintaining project filing and recordkeeping systems.
Skills, qualifications and experience required
• 5 years experience in a logistics/administration position.
• Excellent knowledge of logistics/administration procedures and processes.
• Strong Windows, Excel, Power Point, Word, and Internet skills. Experienced, accurate and confident managing financial information and data.
• Good oral and written communication skills, fluent in English and Kiswahili (verbal and written). Confident communicating at the Senior Management level in Corporations, Government and VSO.
• Self-managed, well organized and have the ability to manage tight timelines, multiple priorities and work effectively under pressure.
• Has a high attention to detail, high initiative and can achieve high quality results with minimum supervision.
• Knowledge and experience providing procurement and logistical support. Experienced in sourcing suppliers and managing procurement contracts. Experience in arranging flights, accommodation and transport locally and internationally.
• Ability to adapt to new and demanding situations with a positive attitude.
• Able to travel and work away from home for 10% of the time. Some weekend and evening work required.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
How to apply
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description to read more details about the position and the skills and experience we’re looking for. To submit your application, click on ‘Apply now’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Application closing date
12 Jul 2017
To be announced
1st of August 2017
Click here to download the job description in PDF format