Finance Coordinator - Accounting Management
Competitive salary with all other benefits as per VSO policy
Full Time, 35 hours per week
VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
Support the Country Finance Manager in managing the finances of the Country Office. Provide financial support and advices on day to day management, manage and maintain financial operation activities and financial controls, cash and bank management, financial accounting systems, payroll including audit liaison in order to ensure an efficient, secure and controlled financial environment in compliance with VSO policies and procedures and local regulations.
• Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the SUN accounting system in a timely manner to keep the records updated
• Maintain vouchers, financial files and records
• Implement financial policies and procedures
• Establish, maintain and reconcile the general ledger
• To work and complete the month and year end procedures in time per VSO policies.
Cash and Bank Management
• Petty cash management
• Daily and Monthly petty cash reconciliation
• Ensuring there are appropriate procedures around petty cash per policy
• Ensuring bank accounts are reconciled
• Prepare and reconcile bank statements
• Ensuring that internet banking is secure
Expenditures, Payments and Payroll
• Ensuring that all expenditures and payments are made within VSO policies; procurement process is valid, has the correct documentation and is properly authorised.
• Ensuring that the payroll and allowances are prepared, authorised and disbursed properly with adequate supporting documents. Ensuring that payroll and allowances are allocated and posted correctly across the appropriate codes.
• Ensuring fund transfers to the respective partners in timely manner
Ensuring that all taxes (including VAT and Income tax) are calculated as per prevailing laws and deposited to the authorities in a timely manner and recorded in SUN system.
Produce management information on expenditures to ensure the Country Finance Manager has a true analysis of expenditure.
Assist CFM to prepare budgets.
Co-ordinate annual external and other audits as required. To ensure all internal and external audit recommendations are implemented.
Skills, qualifications and experience required
Technical Accounting Expertise – Part qualified Accountant, ideally studying to complete an accounting qualification. Master Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
Good technical accounting skills. Experience of financial planning, book keeping practice and principle, knowledge of internal controls, general ledger, cash management and reconciliations, payroll processing and taxation. Experience of financial reporting, measurement and analysis.
Experience of rules and regulations for non-profit organisations. Knowledge of donor financial reporting and donor procurement procedures. Experience of working in multiple foreign currencies and understanding of foreign exchange hedging.
Financial and Information Technology Systems – Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel particularly. Use of accounting software, SUN Accounting system preferred.
Communication and Influencing Skills – Good written and verbal communication skills - able to listen, present, discuss, report, put views forward , negotiate with confidence. Sensitivity to cultural and language differences, able to interact with people at all levels of the organisation. Able to work with others in a consultative way, ability to withstand and resolve conflict, negotiating professional solutions
Decision Making and planning – professional judgement and discernment. Capacity for inquiry, research, logical and analytical thinking, powers of reasoning and critical analysis. Experience of decision modelling. Risk Management - Experience of identifying and analysing financial risks.
Planning and Organisation – Able to prioritise within restricted resources to tight deadlines. Able to anticipate and adapt to change. Strong attention to detail. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Self motivated to set initiatives and self learn.
Values - Commitment to VSO’s work and values.
How to apply
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description to read more details about the position and the skills and experience we’re looking for. To submit your application, click on ‘Apply now’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Application closing date
05 Mar 2017
March 15, 2017
Click here to download the job description in PDF format