Women Empowerment Action Forum
VSO is the world's leading independent, international development organisation that works through international volunteer professionals. Together we work to improve poor people's access to quality essential services, information, technology and ideas that link them to local development and to the wider world.
To strengthen programmatic (community mobilization) capacity of partner organization’s community outreach workers to deliver effective and quality reproductive outreach health service (awareness, prevention)
Skills, qualifications and experience required
• A degree in community health/outreach nursing (Public Health Nurse)
• Knowledge and experience of community mobilization
• Experience/knowledge in Reproductive Health Service message delivery in community setting with focus on key issues like Uterine Prolapse, safer delivery, adolescent sexual and reproductive health
• Strong Communication (listening, using language confidently and appropriately) and facilitation (sharing information on one to one basis as well as mass sharing) skill
• Ability to master information, plan and lead classes, and collect and use information from community people
• Knowledge of participatory method
• Strong recording/reporting/case documentation skill
• Knowledge of the issues around Gender based Violence
This position is open to international volunteers available and willing to work in Nepal for the length of this placement.
How to apply
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description to read more details about the position and the skills and experience we’re looking for. To submit your application, click on ‘Apply now’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Application closing date
31 Aug 2014
Click here to download the job description in PDF format