Community Health Mobilizer
Mugu District Health Office
VSO is the world's leading independent, international development organisation that works through international volunteer professionals. Together we work to improve poor people's access to quality essential services, information, technology and ideas that link them to local development and to the wider world
These are subject to change – the final work plan will be subject to agreement between the volunteer, the employer and VSO at the start of the placement.
1. To strengthen programmatic (community mobilization) capacity of community outreach workers to deliver effective and quality reproductive health service (awareness, prevention)
2. Support partner organization to identify the community issues/ needs related to reproductive health and within that possible initiatives to address these needs building on their current/on-going programmes
3. To educate and empower women of reproductive age and adolescents for increasing their skills on use of SRH services
4. Support in establishing strong referral and linkages between women of Reproductive age and health facilities.
5. Support District Public Health office in its post natal clinic
Skills, qualifications and experience required
• A degree in community health/outreach nursing (Public Health Nurse)
• Knowledge and experience of community mobilization
• Experience/knowledge in Reproductive Health Service message delivery in community setting with focus on key issues like Uterine Prolapse, safer delivery, adolescent sexual and reproductive health
• Strong Communication (listening, using language confidently and appropriately) and facilitation (sharing information on one to one basis as well as mass sharing) skill
• Ability to master information, plan and lead classes, and collect and use information from community people
• Knowledge of participatory method
• Strong recording/reporting/case documentation skill
• Knowledge of the issues around Gender based Violence
This position is open to international volunteers available and willing to work in Nepal for the length of this placement.
How to apply
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description to read more details about the position and the skills and experience we’re looking for. To submit your application, click on ‘Apply now’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Application closing date
06 Jul 2014
21st July 2014
Click here to download the job description in PDF format