Country Fundraising Manager
Competitive Salary will be offered for deserving candidate as per policy. VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
Full Time, 35 hours per week
VSO is the world's leading development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. We are unique in the way we bring people together to share their skills and experience, generate insights and ideas and, most of all, take action against poverty and exclusion. It's a highly effective approach that works, and today is helping millions of people in some of the world's poorest communities lift themselves out of poverty.
The Country Fundraising Manager will be a key part of the country senior management team and lead on all fundraising activities in Bangladesh to grow our country programmes and maximize our impact. As an expert in your field, you will be responsible for optimizing income generation and business development from a range of institutional donors (e.g. EU, UN, DFID, USAID etc) in support of VSO’s programmes and regional operations.
Skills, qualifications and experience required
The ideal candidate must have experience in the following;
• Experience securing at least £5M in funding.
• Over 5 years’ experience managing fundraising/business pursuit activities within the international development sector for an INGO or development consulting firm.
• Experience developing funding strategies and delivering income against targets.
• Experience of establishing and cultivating strong donor relationships that have delivered substantially increased income.
• Experience of proactively building and maintaining effective partnerships both internal and external.
The successful candidate will bring a well-established knowledge of the funding landscape in Bangladesh and enjoy extensive travel and working with diverse and geographically dispersed colleagues.
We also offer a range of benefits, including;
• Competitive Provident Fund.
• Yearly Festival Bonus as per Policy.
• Yearly Holiday Allowance as per Policy.
• Global Medical Insurance Coverage Including Dependants as per Policy.
• Personal Global Accidental Insurance Coverage as per Policy.
• Personal Local Life Insurance Coverage as per Policy.
• Generous annual leave of 37 days (inclusive of public holidays).
• Work in a global organization, with a range of people from different parts of the world.
• Opportunities for flexible working and working from home.
• A friendly and supportive office environment.
• Employee and Volunteer Assistance Programme.
• Opportunities for professional development, including a range of online self-study modules, coaching, and workshops.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
You must have the eligibility to live and the right to work in Bangladesh.
VSO has zero tolerance for abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we protect children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy.
VSO is committed to promote equal opportunities for women, men, people with disabilities, and individuals from a different race, caste, ethnic and religious backgrounds, and diverse candidates are encouraged to apply. Only successful candidates will be contacted. Telephone inquiries or any form of persuasion will lead to disqualification.
How to apply
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description to read more details about the position and the skills and experience we’re looking for. To submit your application, click on ‘Apply now’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Application closing date
16 Mar 2019
Tentatively 24th March 2019 – 28th March 2019
As soon as possible.
Click here to download the job description in PDF format